The first thing you should think about is what you need from a car. What are the things you are going to be doing and what type of car best meets those needs?
Here are some questions to consider as a starting point before your visit to Vospers:
- How many people are going to travel in it regularly?
- Will you be doing a lot of motorway driving?
- Do you live in a busy town or city?
- How much boot space do you need?
- Is parking a problem?
- Are you able to change gear easily?
- If you have a mobility aid, will it fit easily into the car?
- Do you need to take your scooter or wheelchair with you?
If the car is used mostly for short journeys, a small city car would probably suit you. If you have a big family you may want to consider a large family car or MPV. If you find it difficult to change gear easily, an automatic might be a good choice.
You’ll also need to think about travelling in the car day to day. Small changes in type, model or specification can have a big impact on your comfort or the car’s suitability. For example, seat height, door opening angle and positioning of the seat belts can all make a big difference.
A good place to start is to think about your current car, if you have one, and decide what you like and dislike about it.
Which type of car will be right for you?
Once you’ve worked out what you’ll be using the car for, have a look at the different styles of car. You can see all the cars listed by type, with a short description of what each category means e.g. hatchback, MPVs, 4x4, etc.