HOW IT WORKS
• Payment Assist collects the first 25% deposit upfront from the customer
• Customer then pays three equal monthly payments
• Interest-free and fee-free for the customer
• 98% approval rate for your customers
• We charge you a rate of 8.5% of the sale price
• You will be paid within 5 working days (subject to the receipt of all paperwork)
• Payment Assist covers the risk of customer nonpayment
• Simple online process, giving an instant decision within 3 minutes or less
• No management or administration fees
• Customers deposit is taken automatically via our website, where the customer can also sign the agreement on site or on their device
WHO ARE PAYMENT ASSIST?
Payment Assist are a payment plan provider, offering to help spread the cost of your purchase over interest-free and fee-free monthly instalments. This helps to ease the cost of your purchase by allowing you to pay just 25% on the day.
HOW DO THE PAYMENTS WORK?
Payment Assist collects the first 25% of the total bill via your debit card on the day, followed by three more equal monthly payments. The repayments are collected via a recurring transaction agreement from your debit card.
HOW WILL I KNOW WHEN MY PAYMENT IS DUE?
Payment Assist will notify you via email 7 days before a payment is due and when the payment has successfully been collected, or in the unlikely event of your payment failing.
DO YOU CARRY OUT A CHECK ON MY PERSONAL CREDIT STATEMENT?
We simply check that your card has adequate funds to pay the 25% deposit and the address registered to your debit card matches the address the plan is being put through for, but no ‘footprint’ is left on your credit status and this online check only takes a few seconds.
DO I PAY ANY CHARGES?
None at all, the payment plan is totally interest and fee free, and is designed to support you when you need it.
Vospers and Payment Assist joined their forces to help our customers, and the statistics shows why.
• 68% of UK adults cannot fund a £500 unexpected bill without resorting to borrowing - UK Office of National Statistics
• 47% of UK drivers worry about having to pay for unexpected car repairs when they get their vehicle serviced - Recent survey by the RAC
• 34% of motorists have sacrificed travel plans to afford car repairs, which rises to 44% for younger drivers between 18 and 24 years old - Motoring Research