Renault Services The Renault New Vehicle Warranty
Duration of the Warranty
Your new vehicle (the “Vehicle”) is protected by this RENAULT New Vehicle Warranty (the “Warranty” provided by Renault UK Ltd). This means
the Vehicle is guaranteed on the terms and conditions set out in the Warranty against any defect relating to material, fitting or manufacturing
fault under the Warranty for a period of 24 months, without limitation of mileage, from the date your Vehicle is first registered (the “Registration
Date”) to you (the “Customer”) as shown on the Warranty & Service Sheet given to you when you take delivery of the Vehicle.
In addition, the Warranty for non LCV models will run from the 25th month to the 60th month after the Registration Date or until your new
Vehicle has been driven 100,000 miles, whichever comes first.
For LCV models (Kangoo, Trafic & Master) the Warranty will run from the 25th month to the 36th month after the Registration Date or until your
new Vehicle has been driven 100,000 miles, whichever comes first. Any mileage covered by the Vehicle prior to the Registration Date will be
included in this mileage limit figure.
For further parts and items age and mileage limitations, see table 1.2.
The Warranty applies to any Vehicle sold new in the United Kingdom as long as it remains registered in one of the following European countries:
UNITED KINGDOM - ANDORRA - AUSTRIA - BELGIUM - BOSNIA HERZEGOVINA - BULGARIA - CROATIA - CYPRUS - CZECH REPUBLIC -
DENMARK - ESTONIA - FINLAND - FRANCE - GERMANY - GREECE - HUNGARY - ICELAND - IRELAND - ITALY - LATVIA - LICHTENSTEIN -
LITHUANIA - LUXEMBOURG - MACEDONIA - MALTA - MONACO - NORWAY - NETHERLANDS - POLAND - PORTUGAL - ROMANIA - SAN MARINO
- SERBIA - MONTENEGRO - SLOVAKIA - SLOVENIA - SPAIN - SWEDEN - SWITZERLAND
If the Vehicle is registered in one of the countries inside the geographic zone (detailed above) other than the United Kingdom, the Warranty of
the country of first registration will be applicable. If a Vehicle is likely to be principally used or registered outside the geographic zone detailed
above, the Customer cannot benefit from the Warranty and the Warranty will be invalid. Please contact your nearest RENAULT Dealer for advice
in these circumstances.
The Vehicle must be serviced according to approved RENAULT standards as described to the Customer in the Driver’s Handbook in order not to
risk invalidating the Warranty should an incident be due to the lack of or quality of servicing.
You can now book your service online from the comfort of your own home. Just go on www.service.renault.co.uk and follow the simple steps to
make your booking at the dealership of your choice. How to call RENAULT Z.E. ASSISTANCE If you believe you are in a vulnerable or dangerous
situation, please make this clear at the time of your call. After making the call, return to a safe place near your Vehicle. If the problem resolves
itself before the assistance arrives, please call and let us know.
In the event of assistance being required in the UK call: 0800 169 7985. In the event of a Road Traffic Accident, select Option 2 for the Renault
Accident Support Line (RASL).
Benefits to the Customer:
- This Warranty covers the cost of repair or replacement of defective parts to repair a material, assembly or manufacturing defect recognised by
the manufacturer when carried out by a member of the RENAULT Network. It also covers consequential damage to the Vehicle resulting from
the principal defect. It is up to RENAULT, in consultation with the relevant RENAULT Network member, to decide whether it is appropriate in
the circumstances to repair or replace any faulty part.
The Warranty does not cover:
- The indirect consequences of any fault (including but not limited to loss of business, length of time off the road).
- Any components of the Vehicle that have been changed following the Registration Date and the consequences (including but not limited to
damage, premature wear, alterations) of such changes on other parts or components of the Vehicle or on the Vehicle’s specifications.
- Any routine servicing agreed with the Customer on purchase of the Vehicle, recommended by RENAULT, detailed on the Warranty & Service
Sheet (provided by the Renault Dealer) or which the Customer chooses to undertake.
- The replacement of parts damaged as a result of normal wear and tear. This includes (but is not limited to) items such as brake and clutch
friction materials, exhausts, wiper blades and trim. However, such items are covered if replacement is required as a result of manufacturing or
- The damage resulting from poor Vehicle maintenance, especially when any instructions concerning the treatment, servicing frequency or care
to be taken with regard to the Vehicle detailed on the Warranty & Service Sheet or in the Driver’s Handbook have not been observed.
- Damage caused by the following:
• Accidents and resulting impacts (including without limitation) scratch marks, chipping caused for any reason.
• Failure to comply with RENAULT’s recommendations as advised to Customers in any medium from time to time.
• Effects associated with atmospheric pollution, effects of plant resin, effects of animal pollutants such as bird droppings, effects of chemicals.
• Transportation of products.
• The use of poor quality fuel, or any type of fuel other than the type that is recommended for use with the Vehicle in the Driver’s Handbook.
• The fitting of non-RENAULT approved accessories.
• The fitting of RENAULT approved accessories installed without following RENAULT’s recommendations as provided with the accessory or
shown on the packaging or advised to the Customer by RENAULT and/or the RENAULT Network from time to time.
• Damage caused by events beyond RENAULT’s reasonable control, including but not limited to: Lightning, fire, floods, earthquakes, acts of
war, terrorism, civil commotion, sabotage, vandalism, acts of God, riots and attacks.
• The replacement of tyres, other than when required as a result of a manufacturing defect with the Vehicle. Should there be a defect with the
tyre itself, the Tyre manufacturer’s agent should be contacted. Your Renault Dealer will be able to assist you.
How does the Warranty work?
To benefit from the Warranty, the Customer must:
- Make sure the Warranty & Service Sheet does actually show the Registration Date for the Vehicle on which entitlement to the Warranty
- Go to any member of the RENAULT Network and authorise it to carry out work covered by and detailed in the Warranty.
- Present the Driver’s Handbook with the Service sheets duly filled in, justifying the entitlement to warranty and to show that the servicing
operations recommended by RENAULT have indeed been carried out.
- Have one of the RENAULT Network workshops record or point out in writing, as soon as possible, any fault covered by the Warranty. If the
Vehicle is off the road and cannot be driven to a RENAULT Network member, the Customer shall contact the nearest member of the RENAULT
Important Points to Note
The Warranty does not apply and RENAULT and the RENAULT Network members are not held responsible when:
- The Vehicle has been used under conditions that do not conform to those stated in the Driver’s Handbook, the Warranty & Service Sheet and
these Warranty Terms and Conditions (for example: overloading or the vehicle has been entered in any sort of sporting competition).
- The fault recorded relates to the fact that the Vehicle has not been repaired, maintained or serviced to the standard recommended by
Adjustments under the new Vehicle Warranty
The operations involved in various adjustments (wheel alignment/balance, openings, steering wheel centring, exhaust, wiper blades etc.) are
covered only once under the warranty. Except where the operation follows replacement under warranty of a component or element which
requires further adjustment.
Compliance with Recall Notices
In the event that RENAULT contacts the Customer directly in respect of product safety recalls and quality realignment notices, these must be
complied with in full. Failure to comply will invalidate the Warranty for any particular incident or claim relating to the product safety recall or
quality realignment notice.
All parts and labour services supplied under the Warranty are guaranteed under the terms of the Warranty until it expires irrespective of when
during the Warranty period any parts and/or labour services are supplied (for example, if a spare part is supplied free of charge under the
Warranty in the 58th month of the Warranty period, it will only be covered under the Warranty until the expiry of the Warranty for non LCV in the
60th month, or the mileage limit, whichever comes first).
Ownership of Parts replaced
In return for the replacement parts fitted by RENAULT under the Warranty, the part(s) replaced within the scope of the Warranty rightfully
become the property of RENAULT and the part(s) may be retained by the Dealer.
Transfer of ownership of the Vehicle
Transfer of ownership of the Vehicle does not alter the terms and conditions of the Warranty.
Outside the country of purchase, the Warranty will be valid under the same conditions as in the country of origin as long as the Vehicle remains
registered within the geographic zone covered by the Warranty set out on page 1.
Dedicated to all your motoring needsVehicles & ServicesWe offer an extensive range of Renault products & services. We’re proud of all the products and services we offer, each one chosen to bring you the best quality and value.
Thinking of selling your car?Vehicle ValuationIf you are thinking of selling your car why not enter your registration and mileage below to receive a free, market valuation of your vehicle from our valuation team.
Our latest featuredUsed RenaultAs one of the UK’s leading Renault retailers, we carry a large
selection of high quality used vehicles - each vehicle complete with full safety check and warranty.
Find UsOur LocationsEnter your postcode to see how close you are to the Vospers Renault dealership.
Why chooseVospers RenaultAs one of the UK’s Top 50 Motor Retailers, Vospers has an enviable reputation for customer service excellence, professionalism and innovation.
Family Owned Since 1946Vospers began trading in 1946 and was founded by Leonard Vosper, our current Chairman, Peter Vospers' father. Since then, Vospers has acquired 11 brands over the years and continues to be a one stop shop for all things motoring in the South West. - from new and used car and commercial vehicle sales, a full aftersales service, Rentals and business fleet specialists.
Customer Centric EthosCustomer satisfaction is our number one priority at Vospers and is at the heart of everything we do. Our mission focuses on the fact that we are a family business. We have a track record of being leaders and innovators in the retail motor industry and we are wholly committed to achieving excellent levels of customer satisfaction, at all times.
CareersAt Vospers, we understand that our employees are our most important asset, and we are proud that so many of our people stay with us and develop their careers at Vospers over the years. We invest time and money into our people, providing courses, training and a strong support system to ensure everyone has the opportunity to shine in their chosen career at Vospers.
ApprenticeshipsVospers are proud to have an apprenticeship scheme where we welcome ambitious young people to develop their career with us. We are committed to providing support to higher education and provide apprenticeship opportunities across 11 disciplines, including service, IT, Marketing and Sales, among others.
Registered in England No. 00496634 Registered Office: Vospers Motor House Ltd
Vospers Motor House Ltd are a credit broker and not a lender. We are Authorised and Regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (310773). Finance is Subject to status. Other offers may be available but cannot be used in conjunction with this offer. We work with a number of carefully selected credit providers who may be able to offer you finance for your purchase.
Vospers Means Motoring in the South West. Vospers is one of the leading dealerships for new and used cars, vans and pick-ups in Devon and Cornwall with Ford, Peugeot, Renault, Dacia, Nissan, Fiat, Mazda, SEAT, Jeep, Alfa Romeo and Abarth. Our experienced, friendly and helpful sales teams in Plymouth, Exeter, Truro, Torbay and St. Austell will assist you every step of the way. Read More