Vospers are keen supporters of local charities and regularly make charitable donations throughout the year. This year, the Directors decided the company would make some donations at Easter. All of the charities below were suggested by members of our staff!
We were delighted to make a charitable donation of £100 to each of the following charities/groups:
- Friends in Association with Blackpool School (FABS) in Liverton who are raising money for their current project of redeveloping the school playground to being new elements of fun, health & well-being to children who attend that school.
- Stroke Association who work to bring about improvements in treatment and care for people of all ages to cope with the aftermath of a stroke, whilst also supporting their families and carers.
- The Multiple Sclerosis (MS) Society - Once diagnosed, MS stays with you for life, but treatments can help to manage the condition and its symptoms, and a small donation can help fund research into MS and help people with MS to ‘live well’ with the symptoms.
- Falmouth, Helston & District Cats Protection – branches fundraise to cover their own costs which has been particularly difficult during the past 12 months, and we hope our small additional donation will go some way to continue helping with their running costs.
- Pregnancy Crisis Care works hard to support women and their partners with unplanned pregnancies, baby deaths and post abortion distress, and provides a vital service offering free confidential support and counselling.
- Kingskerswell Navigators is a youth group that is open to all children between 5 and 18 plus their families, getting children involved in everything from outdoor adventures to confidence building tasks.
- Alzheimer’s Research UK - we all know how scary it can be to be told that you have dementia, so we want to make a donation to the Alzheimer’s Society to help them continue their research and support people living with dementia today.
The following charities and groups received a donation of between £250 - £400:
- CHBN provides a community radio service for Truro and surrounding area, and a hospital radio service to the patients at the Royal Cornwall, West Cornwall and St Michael’s Hospitals providing a platform for clubs, bands, schools, groups or anything else that is of interest to the community it serves. Programmes are all presented by a team of volunteers and we hope our donation of £400 will help them to continue the great work they do.
- Cancer Research UK – whether you are donating birthday money, walking to raise funds, have family members affected by cancer or just want to support a worthwhile charity, we hope our donation of an additional £250 will help.
- Food Banks have been very much needed in the past 12 months and have been a lifesaver for many families where parents have lost their jobs or children have not been able to attend school and receive free school means – donation of £100 will be made to three local Foodbanks (Plymouth, Exeter & Cornwall).
- MIND – Mental health is a growing concern for lots of people, and whether you suffer from mental health or are supporting family and friends through difficult times, knowing that you have charities like MIND to help and support you is invaluable. That is why we are giving a donation of £250 to help with their on-going fundraising.
These charities and groups serve the wider community in either motor specific support networks, or at times when we need them the most, and deserve special recognition for the work they carry out.
- Hospice Care UK – Going into a hospice is not just about the end of your life, they work hard to improve the quality of life and wellbeing and help people live as fully and as well as they can to the end of their lives, however long that may be. This exceptional work deserves recognition and we will be making a £1,000 donation to three Hospice centres, one in each of Plymouth, Exeter & Cornwall.
- BEN – I am sure you will all be aware that BEN are the automotive industry’s support service, providing a wide range of support services to everyone who works in the motor industry for life, not just when you are working within the motor industry. Everyone who works, volunteers, fundraises for Ben – or who is part of the wider Ben family – shares the same passion – to make a positive difference to people’s lives, and that is why we made a large donation of £10,000 from Vospers in December 2020.